ANNOUNCEMENTS as of August 14th, 2020
JOIN PIR SHABDA. PIRANI TAMAM AND THE SUFI RUHANIAT COMMUNITY online again, -- on Saturday, Aug 22nd -- 11:00 am Pacific (2:00 pm Eastern, 9:00 pm GMT). -->
BIWEEKLY ZOOM GATHERING WILL CONTINUE
(View previous SRI family Zoom gatherings here)
EAST BAY SUFI CAMP
"Golden Sufis come into the Zoomlight"
Save the Date / Schedule here: Saturday August 29th
Zoom doors open 5:30 PM
6-7PM Tapping Zikr w/Sadaya
7--7:30PM break or chat
7:30-8:30PM Gayatri (yes!)
Sunday August 30th
Zoom doors open 10:30 AM
11-12 Sage Windsong
12:00-12:30 PM Break or chat
Website for info and how to register:
(View previous SRI family Zoom gatherings here)
Zoom doors open 5:30 PM 6-7PM Tapping Zikr w/Sadaya 7--7:30PM break or chat 7:30-8:30PM Gayatri (yes!) Sunday August 30th Zoom doors open 10:30 AM 11-12 Sage Windsong 12:00-12:30 PM Break or chat 12:30-1:30 Fazl Website for info and how to register:
♥ NEW ONLINE CLASS WITH PIR SHABDA, THE MYSTICAL POWER OF SUFI BREATHWORK, MANTRA AND SACRED SOUNDS Healing Practices for Inner Peace and Resilience
♥ SUMMER CLASSES ONLINE WITH ZULEIKHA Moving into Wholeness
♥ TAROT READINGS OFFERED BY SABURA MEYER Via email and Zoom, and offering a sliding scale fee.
ALSO: Visit the full monthly INAYATIYYA CALENDAR OF ONLINE EVENTS. Click the "Agenda" button for best view.
9 am PDT daily -- MORNING RAMNAM CHANT WITH IQBAL AND DEVI LEWIS
SACRED ACTIVISM MEDITATION WITH AZIMA LILA EVERY SATURDAY
VIDEO: Dances of Universal Peace 50th Anniversary (8 min)
♥ MORE ESPECIALLY RECOMMENDED VIDEOS
- Unicorn Dancing Spirit Camp (23 min) NEW from the UK
- Invitation to the Dance: Dances of Universal Peace (22 min) from the Canyonlands Camp by Dennis Roshay
- MURSHID SAM, HIK AND THE DANCES of Universal Peace.
- Click here for more inspiring Sufi videos.
- More camps, workshops and retreats on Ruhaniat.org
- The complete MURSHID SAM ARCHIVES are newly online, at murshidsam.org. So grateful for the astounding amount of loving and devoted work that has gone on so quietly, for all these years -- to make SAM's writings and other content available to all of us. One feels blessed by just visiting the archive!
- ♥ Five East Bay Healing Circles every month. Info on events list.
♥ Web sites on beloved contemporary Sufi masters TO VISIT:
- The Legacy of Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan, (new)
- Joe and Guin Miller (with link to the Miller Archive)
- The Murshida Vera web site (recently updated with new material):Read more/lessA growing audio archive of various lectures recorded during her lifetime. The newest category, Masters, Saints and Prophets were posted this Spring.
- Murshid Wali Ali's weekly Thursday Dharma night classes in SF are now available online, with teachings and practices of Murshid SAM's Zen teacher, Sokei-an Sasaki. Recordings available or attend in person.
- Highly recommended by your webmaster: Illuminating the Shadow, a NEW BOOK by and about Pir Moineddin, leader of SRI for over 3 decades, his amazing, inspiring life story and his teachings.
- Poet Tamam Kahn's recent book, Fatima's Touch -- bringing forward this important woman, known and loved in the Islamic world -- a Finalist for the National Book Award. To order a copy at a reduced rate, or to read launch notes from the author, please click here.
- NOW on our site: Area Sufi events in Alameda, Santa Cruz and San Francisco in the top bar menu (or for smaller screens, the ☰ menu symbol).
- For weekly devotional singing with Devi Mathieu in Santa Rosa, visit Through the Ear to the Heart. Monday evenings 7-8:30 p.m. except July 2; December 17, 24, 31 2018
- NEW Sacramento Dances of Universal Peace web page.
- Find out about Sufi classes online-- some free or at low cost
- "Eat, Dance and Pray" (1:13) by Anahata Iradah
SUFI HEALING CIRCLES In Sufi practices, and particularly Sufi healing practices, our intention is to touch and manifest divine qualities which are always living within us. The Universe is filled with healing power! About the Sufi Healing Circle: read more/lessMurshid Samuel Lewis often quoted Sufi Al-Ghazzali, saying "Sufism is based on experience and not on premises." So in our healing circles are experiential, using breath, sound, contemplation and prayer to open and experience hidden treasures such as purification, compassion and healing power which are in our True Nature; and we perform the Absent Healing ritual of Hazrat Inayat Khan to send healing light to others. If you are in serious need of healing yourself it might not be appropriate to participate in our circle until you're improved. Please call or write to the host, to discuss your needs and preferences. If you are absent, with your permission we can add your name to the list and send the Shaffea (healing power) out to you when we meet.
IN UNISON WITH THE WILL OF GOD, WE WILL TO HAVE PEACE. SRI Universal Peace Meditation: 12 noon daily 11x