Just in, a new book from poet Tamam Kahn, "Fatima's Touch: Poems and Stories of the Prophet’s Daughter" (Ruhaniat Press, SF, 2016). "This is daring poetry that tries to examine and heal some of the great spiritual and political divides." ~ Coleman Barks. More info and how to order here
EVENTS COMING UP:
- NEW ANNOUNCEMENT: Celebration of Rumi's birthday in Berkeley, Thursday Sept 29th. Traditional dervish music, poetry, chanting and and whirling. 2345 Channing Way, 8 pm. Flyer and parking info here.
- "Hearts on Fire: Deepening in the Traditions Part 2 / Celebrating the life of beloved DUP leader Nancy Norris". A Dancing Hearts retreat, at Isis Oasis in nearby Geyserville. October 14-16. Web site and registration here. All are welcome -- dance leaders and those in training, musicians, and dancers old and new. Youth discount (< 30) available. Visit web site.
- October 29-30, up in nearby, beautiful Nevada City: A weekend with Sheikh Rahmat Moore from Madison, WI, and friends. Meditation, zikr, mindful movement, dances, singing and inquiry. Flyer here.
- November 5th: A day and evening of Zikr, Stories and Devotion with Iqbal and Devi Lewis. In west Marin. Meals optional. View flyer here, or call Alia, 477-0617. Register here $20 - 75
"Stay together, friends. Don't scatter and fall asleep. Our friendship is made of being awake" ~ Rumi
- DATES TO SAVE FOR 2017
- 2017 Sufi Sesshin retreat (near Petaluma) will take place January 6 - 13 2017. Online registration is open now! (BTW the 2016 Sufi Sesshin filled up early!)
- The popular Mexico Sufi Camp with Atum and Asha, at a beautiful modern retreat on the beach near Puerto Vallarta, will take place January 7-14 2017.
Joe Miller[/caption] About Joe Miller -- a 5-minute video by Anahata. Who was this one-of-a-kind, wise, energetic, humble and funny guy who inspired and taught so many of us? (More about Joe & Guin)