ANNOUNCEMENTS as of March 6th 2018 -- See events list for details. (Get email reminders)
- CHANGE OF LOCATION March 17th in nearby Pleasant Hill, Contra Costa county: A Day of WALKS and breath practices with SierraLynne and Kemal. Breath and Presence, Walking Concentrations and Sufi practices of peace, power and balance. DETAILS HERE (IMPORTANT).
- March 18th: A One Day Alchemical Retreat with Risala Laird in Berkeley. Gather together for a day of practices with breath, sound and light -- As we sit, as we walk, as we share communal food. Sunday March 18 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Special evening Dances of Universal Peace in Sebastopol for the Equinox. with Tui, Sunday 3/18. At the youth annex (usual place) 425 Morris Street, 7:30pm
- FAIRFAX Dances of Universal Peace with Tui and friends, Saturdays April 7th and May 5th at the Sol Studios Fairfax, 12 School St #12e, 1pm-3pm
- April 14th: Dervish Delight with Devi and Iqbal, in West Marin.
- Dancing Hearts Retreat, April 20-22, 2018: The Path of the Heart with Grace Marie: Northern CA Dances of Universal Peace weekend retreat, at Isis Oasis Retreat Center, Geyserville, CA
- Registration is now open for the 2018 Mendocino Sufi Camp, July 15th-22nd. Featuring Murshida Mariam with Iqbal and Devi, Pir Shabda, Raphael and Yahyah, Mary Kenney, Halim and Vakila, Farrunnissa Rosa and more. "The Journey of the Phoenix is our soul path through the great mandala of time and space, through incarnation, birth and manifestation, and dissolution into resurrection and Mystery. This Journey is a time for prayer and play, with deep attention to body, heart and soul; a time for relaxation and letting go; for concentration and manifestation. Music, dance, and song call us forth, as we breathe deeply of Wisdom and Inspiration; it is a time for discovery and communion with the Secret One Inside." Read more here and reserve your place.
- More camps, workshops and retreats on Ruhaniat.org
- The complete MURSHID SAM ARCHIVES are newly online, at murshidsam.org. So grateful for the astounding amount of loving and devoted work that has gone on so quietly, for all these years -- to make SAM's writings and other content available to all of us. One feels blessed by just visiting the archive!
- The Dargah (Shrine) of Murshid SAM, original leader of the Sufi Ruhaniat and the Dances of Universal Peace, was dedicated and celebrated last month. Read more and view photos on Pir Shabda's blog.
Murshid Wali Ali's weekly Thursday Dharma night classes in SF are now available online, with teachings and practices of Murshid SAM's Zen teacher, Sokei-an Sasaki. Recordings available or attend in person. Video "Eat, Dance and Pray" by Anahata Iradah -- about MURSHID SAM AND THE DANCES of Universal Peace Wonderful meditative VIDEO on the dervish Turn Highly recommended by your webmaster: Illuminating the Shadow, a NEW BOOK by and about Pir Moineddin, leader of SRI for over 3 decades, his amazing, inspiring life story and his teachings. Poet Tamam Kahn's recent book, Fatima's Touch -- bringing forward this important woman, known and loved in the Islamic world -- a Finalist for the National Book Award. To order a copy at a reduced rate, or to read launch notes from the author, please click here.
- NOW on our site: Area Sufi events in Alameda, Santa Cruz and San Francisco in the top bar menu (or for smaller screens, the ☰ menu symbol).
- For weekly devotional singing with Devi Mathieu in Santa Rosa, also monthly in Marin, visit singhildegard.com.
- NEW Sacramento Dances of Universal Peace web page.
- Find out about Sufi classes online-- some free or at low cost
IN UNISON WITH THE WILL OF GOD, WE WILL TO HAVE PEACE. SRI Universal Peace Meditation: 12 noon daily 11x