"Beloved Lord, Almighty God, through the rays of the sun, through the waves of the air, through the all-pervading life in space: purify and revivify me (or insert name), and heal my (or her/his) body heart and soul"
Hazrat Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan
Do you feel drawn to a practice of praying individually for others, or sending them healing light? SufiPaths.net is trying out a home prayer circle. I have set up an online list of names of persons who have given permission to be prayed for confidentially (specific details below). If you wish to join us in sending divine healing and blessings in times of need., please give me a call at your convenience, 707-484-0573, and I can give you access to the list. Likewise to add a name to the list, please give me a call also.
In addition, several Sufi healing circles are meeting on a regular basis in our area, joining together to send light and blessings to people in need of healing; check out the ongoing calendar and the Khankah SAM listings
Importantly, our online healing list — for friends and members of the local Sufi community — is offered with several understandings:
- GOD IS THE HEALER AND THE GREAT REMEDY.
- We focus only on the great power of healing, directed through us, to these individuals. We speak or breathe their full names — as these are the sound-resonances by which the divine power may connect with them, wherever they are and whatever their condition.
- We recognize that these people have asked, or consented, to be on a Prayer List — either personally, or by email through another healing conductor. (Note: Our online list is password protected and contains no information other than names. Still we cannot guarantee that some unauthorized person will not find a way to read it.)
- We do not seek or share information on what sort of problem they are dealing with. If we know them, we do not concentrate on their problem, and we do not talk with them about it unless they bring it up. We hold them in the Light, and visualize them in perfect health as God may will.
- We pray in any form we choose; we may light a candle, ask silently or aloud, or recite (for example ‘Ya Shafee, Ya Kafee’ or the prayer Nayaz) as you may be guided. More suggestions here
- We focus on the divine purpose, not on the outcomes or results we may personally desire.